Today I, Ammon, figured out how to spell words.
You may wonder why I didn't learn this before, but spelling has always been hard for me to do. I can read the words just fine, but trying to write them down hasn't worked well.
But today my mom and I sat down and figured out exactly where I needed help, then she showed me how to fix it so I could learn to spell.
And guess what?! She gave me a HARD word from the 8th grade spelling list (the word was 'antibiotic'). AND I SPELLED IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!!! She gave me more words from the same list (predicament, orthopedic, antithesis), and I spelled them right, too!
I CAN SPELL!!!! HOORAY!!!!!
Mom's Note: You should have seen his chest swell with pride when he got that first word right. I knew he had it in him but we just needed to find the lightswitch to turn on his brilliance. I am so proud of him. FYI he could also spell the smaller words he was struggling with just a few weeks ago. It really was as if a light went on inside his head. This really was a spelling breakthrough for him.
We've Moved!
15 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment